The rules are simple:
- Create a video demonstrating a physics concept that is approximately 2 minutes long (and preferably in landscape orientation, not portrait).
- You must be 18 years or older to enter a video on your own
- If you’re younger than 18 years old, you can submit a video with adult supervision.
- The video must contain only original work – including any music, sound effects and still photographs, etc.
- Be safe! You must ensure proper protection and prevention measures are taken while producing your video.
- And lastly: the video has to be fun!
Need some help thinking of what physics to record?
Take a look here at some possible experiments, materials, and ideas to help get you started!
We automatically enter your video in all the categories for which it’s eligible, based on your video and submission form. We think there will be a lot of great videos, so we will probably invent categories in order to be able to nominate many of your great videos. Here are a few examples of the categories:
- Best video in various topics in physics (demos about motion, heat, sound, electricity, magnetism, light, quantum)
- Best video from someone under the age of 18
- Best video from someone over the age of 64
- Best video from a school group/large team
- Best video from a teacher
- Best video from someone in Wisconsin
- Best video of a Rube Goldberg machine
- Best and most accurate use of the Metric System (SI)
- Best video from a physicist
- And likely more!
All the videos we receive will be acknowledged — we’ll email you a printable certificate!
But what will you be awarded if your video is chosen as a winner? First of all, we’ll send you a plaque with your name on it! Along with that, you’ll get to choose an award out of a list of fun options. Below are some of the possible awards that will be given to the best videos in each category!
Just a few examples:
The best video out of all the submissions will be awarded the top award of a Repaper Pencil & Paper Graphic Tablet by iskn – use any paper you want and this tablet and pen will record a digital copy!
Still have questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.